Opening little minds up to other cultures is giving the gifts of curiosity, love of learning about and from others but also tolerance. Taking your children to cultural festivals, making them taste foreign foods, reading books in foreign languages, reading foreign stories translated in English, playing games are all great ideas to offer this multicultural exposure without having to travel.
Here is a list of multicultural ideas that you might like to have at home. They are fun and great for learning.
- A world atlas
- Memory games: Arabicity, Arabicouples, Cities of the world
- City pop ups: Paris, New York and London
- Stories about Africa: Bella’s adventures in Africa, African animals ABC, African tales
- Bilingual English-Ngaanyatjarra(Goldfields Aboriginal dialect) Australian grub life cycle
- World stories: Lin Yi’s lantern, The Faery’s Gift
Contact us for more suggestions.